The carob (algarrobin) tree fruit is divided into three parts: pulp, seed and endocarp.
The pulp represents 56% of the fruit and contains 60% sugars, of which 96% is sucrose (Grados y Cruz, 1996; Bravo et al., 1994, 1998).
Its pleasant sweet flavor is the characteristic with the greatest potential for industrial use. In fact, it is the natural sugars of the algarrobin tree that are the majority components contained in its derived foods, such as the traditional algarrobin and algarrobin (algarrobo/mesquite) powder.
ALGARROBIN is a concentrated aqueous extract of the algarrobin sugars (also known as algarrobin syrup) obtained from the ripe algarrobin. The algarrobin is mixed with water to obtain a thick, dark and pleasant liquid.
It is between 75 to 78 ° Brix, dark brown and shiny.
- Excellent energizer for the whole family.
- Great nutritional value, due to its vitamin and protein properties, it contains more minerals than honey.
- Provides good flavor
- It is a great energizer or stimulant.
- It helps improve brain activity.
- It helps strengthen bones as it has a natural source of calcium.
- It helps the heart function properly.
- It is considered an excellent antioxidant.
- It contributes to strengthen the nervous system.
- It is of great properties for women in the menopause stage
- Help prevent anemia
- It keeps the muscles completely healthy.
- Helps prevent anxiety, nervousness, and depression.
- It can be effective in cases of hair loss.
- Helps fight constipation.
- Manufacture of medicinal products, can be consumed directly as a stimulant
- Manufacture of natural products
- Juice flavoring, salads
- Making sweets, toffee, mousse, algarrobin cocktails
- Manufacture of drinks, yogurt, ice cream, cookies, pastry (muffins, etc.), etc.
- Algarrobin Yogurt: It is used as a flavoring for yogurt requiring 8% algarrobin
- Milk delicacy with algarrobin: It is prepared with fresh, whole milk, sugar and 6% algarrobin.
- Soy milk delicacy with algarribin: Soy milk, sugar and algarrobin are used up to 14% giving a very pleasant taste
- Protein drink with algarrobin: Prepared from soy milk and algarrobin in a proportion of 10% algarrobin, it is taken as a malted milk.
Algarrobin has a special day, March 15 through municipal agreement No. 034 of 2003, a date that serves to frame various activities, such as competitions, creative gastronomic festival with the sweet taste of this product. All this as part of our cultural identity.
Makes approximately 4 people
ALGARROBIN PROTEIN SHAKE
-5 tablespoons of algarrobin.
-1 cup of cold milk or soy milk
-1/2 Cup of water
-Sugar to taste
Blend the algarrobin with the milk and water.
Pour into a tall glass and enjoy.
If you want you can serve it ice cream, adding ice to the blender
FRUIT SALAD WITH ALGARROBIN
Fruits of choice (grapes, mandarin, papaya, watermelon, melon, etc.)
If you want, sesame or some cereal
Chop the fruits that can
Serve in containers
Pour the yogurt
Spray the algarrobin
Add sesame, or some other cereal (optional)
– Pieces of papaya, banana
– 1 cup of milk
– 1 to 2 tablespoons of dark beer
– 1 egg
Blend the papaya, the banana, pour the milk, the dark beer, algarrobin and egg
Serve in a glass and enjoy
– 1 spoon of honey
– 1 spoon of algarrobin
– 1 egg
– The fruit to lesson (ejm: papaya)
– 50 to 100 mL milk
– 3/4 cup water
– Sweetener to taste
– Peel and clean the fruit and cut into medium pieces.
– Incorporate all the ingredients in a blender and blend very well until it is homogeneous
- INDUSTRIAL PRODUCTS FROM ALGARROBA PERUANA (PROSOPIS PALLIDA): ALGARROBINA AND ALGARROBA POWDER. MULTEQUINA 9 (2): 119-132, 2000.
- DESIGN OF AN ALGARROBIN PRODUCTION PLANT IN THE KURT BEER PARK. University of Piura, 2013.